Muztagh Ata Ski Expedition
Muztagh Ata (Ice Father) with 7546 m altitude is one of the most known summits in Pamir in Central Asia, over the Subashi Village and Karakol lake.
|Tech Level: Advance|
|Capacity: 4 – 8 people|
|Physical Level:5/5 (You must be reasonably fit and comfortable to ski tour in long distances with your equipment.)|
|Duration: 23 days|
|Available: June – August|
- Ski-tour setn (Ski, Skin, Ski Crampons, Boots, Boot Crampons Telescopic poles)
- Avalanche kit(DVA, probe, shovel)
- Helmet, Headlamp, Sun glasses, Goggles, Cap, hat and Bennie, Mountain mitts/gloves, warm ski gaiters
- Base layers and warm clothes and gloves for (-20 on summit), Extra ﬂeece top or light duvet, Gore-Tex jacket and pants
- Harness, 3 locking carabiners, 3 Simple carabiners, belay device, jumar or ascender, Classic Ice Axe, 2 Sling 80-120, 3 prussik loops, cordelette
- Backpack (40-50 liter), Big duffle bag for transfer
- All climbing hardware, rope, cooking equipment, lightweight tent
- Sleeping bag (expedition or ‘5 season’ quality)
- Insulated sleeping mat
- Thermal underwear, ﬂeece shirt or similar, ﬂeece jacket & pants
- sun protection cream and lip salve, water bottle
- Personal aid kit
- Mug, bowl, spoon, shorts, sunhat, lightweight trekking boots for BC
- High altitude food
- DAY 1: Arrival to Kashgar, China.
- DAY 2: Packing the luggage and checking the equipments and briefing meeting.
- DAY 3: Transfer to Subashi Village
- DAY 4: Trek to Base Camp
- DAY 5 TO 20: Acclimatization and ski between the camps and FINALLY Ski Touring to 7546m the Summit of Moztagh Ata and enjoyable ski Down to Base camp.
- DAY 21: Packing the Base camp AND DESCENT to SUBASHI, Shish Kabab Party with Drinks.
- DAY 22: back Kashagar hotel and finishing Party.
- DAY 23: Back to HOME.
- Liaison with Chinese government for issuance of climbing permits.
- Invitation letters for Chinese visa.
- English speaking guide/liaison officer during expedition at base camp
- Cook, assistant cook, camels for logistics from Subash -base camp and back
- All land transfers by Van buses, truck if needed to transfer the equipment between Subash and kashgar
- All the entrance fees for the sites when visiting kashgar city.
- 4* standard hotels with breakfast in kashgar, one-night yurt or camping in Subash village
- Good quality of tents shared by two people with mattresses,
- Ecological protection fees.
- Insulated mats, cooking and eating utensils, toilet tents, mess tent with table and stools. nest coffee, tea and other daily use of stuff
- All meals at base camp (breakfast, lunch and dinner), meals in kashgar
- Team members have to carry their own equipment, however there are local porters available for individuals to employ privately if required.
- International flight tickets/ travel for arrival and departure from Kashgar
- Chinese visa fees, Airport and departure taxes
- Sleeping bags, personal equipment and Personal Travel Insurance.
- Medications ground evacuations and rescue charges of any kind.
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks.
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, bar bills etc.
- Tips of guide, drivers, porters etc.
- Porterage or shipment of any to high camps
- Extra room charges for earlier check-in and late check-out.
- Extra days beyond the specified itinerary.
- Charges incurred as a result of delays, health issues beyond the control of our company
- Single supplement.